Wolvey Village Hall was opened in April 1920 as a memorial to those who had served in the First World War.
The idea of a Village Hall to serve as a memorial was first mentioned publicly at a Parish Council meeting in December 1918. A committee was formed in January 1919 and at a public meeting the idea received backing from the whole community. Finance to build the Village Hall was achieved by donations, money raising activities and by a bank loan of £160 guaranteed by four committee members. A tender of £1,119 was accepted by the committee and the building was opened on 4 April 1920, only 15 months after the initial suggestion.
A roll of honour was erected in the main hall in memory of soldiers in the First World War and the roll of honour was updated to include names of those who served in the Second World War. To commemorate the centenary of the beginning and end of the First World War are plaques on the front wall of the Village Hall overlooking the Village Square.
The Village Hall has been managed by a volunteer committee since opening and the existing committee acknowledge the considerable time and effort put in by the volunteers over the years in maintaining and improving this important village facility for the benefit of residents.